Saturday 4 February 2012

Joint efforts to offer this sweet cat the gift of mobility and a home

Hi, my name is Mieunel. I am a 1 year old male cat, very affectionate and playful.

I did not get the best start in life as many of us animals in Romania. I was abandoned at a vet clinic in Bucharest and I can't perfectly move my rear legs (though the vet says I  do have some reflexes). 

Recently RGAW set up this blog to raise funds for a cat wheelchair and find me a loving home. 



Thanks to some very kind donators by next week I will have my own set of wheels and whizzing around the surgery where I am being looked after.







My story spread very fast and people started to collect money for my wheel chair and also to look for a foster place. My sweet face and my poor legs touched a deep chord in Liana and her hubby's hearts.  This young family decided to receive me in their loving home, alongside other cats and dogs. Liana is a vet student and she wants to offer me proper care and treatment.  

She will be helped by another cat person, Monica, who first wanted to take me in foster. I am promised massages and physiotherapy, and a lot of special care, because I am a special needs little fellow.

I'm glad someone doesn't see me as a burden (as my former owners thought of me), but my new family feel that I am special and that I deserve to be loved, I am sure you will agree with that too.

Measurements of me have now been taken for my wheel chair, and preparations for my air trip to Timisoara are being made. Thank you all for your kind donations, without you I would not be looking forward to zooming around in my new pussycat wheelchair and travelling to begin my new life with my new loving family who accept me, just the way I am.






 If you are in Romania and don't have a Paypal account, you can use other means of sending money, such as Western Union or sending to Card: 
Urda Petre , cont RO68RNCB0318002268170001




Thank you
Mieunel xxx
..................................................................
Update

Mieunel, now known as Harley has his very own set of new wheels. As soon as he was put into his new wheelchair he was running around the surgery with it. Because he is used to being in a cage and not really being able to run around he does tire quicker than most able cats will. But he will get used to this, and hi back legs are even starting to move a little.




Thank you so very much to everyone who has shared his story and who gave the gift of movement and independence to one very special little cat in Romania.



12 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. with love from Scotland for Mieunel. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much, Lucinda!!! Mieunel will have his measurements taken tomorrow and his own little wheel chair until next week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you for your trust, Diane!!! Please follow our news about Mieunel :)

      Delete
  5. It is perfect time to make some plans for the future and It is time to be happy. I've read this post and if I could I wish to suggest you some interesting things or advice. Maybe you could write next articles referring to this article. I wish to read more things about it!
    Sorel Women's Helen Of Tundra Boot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steven, if you have any advice, please send some on alinagavriloaie@yahoo.com e mail. I am a Romanian, and i will keep in touch with Mieunel's adopters. Also, you can find me on Facebook, on Alina Gavriloaie profile. I can always put you in contact with Mieunels next parents too :)

      Delete
  6. I love the happy-end to Mieunel's story and I would love to continue reading news about him. He looks just like my two young orange tomcats (and he is just as greedy :)

    I am sure he will be able to walk in the end without the wheelchair (I am relying here on my experience with the injured pups I cared for).

    Will the new owners keep posting on this blog or only on Facebook?

    Anyway, all the best to Mieunel (currently named Harley as I understand - a new name for a new beginning :) !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Has he had an offer of a forever home yet? x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wasn't Mieunel adopted by a girl (an architect) from Timisoara? I think I remember having read this information - I thought that it was on this blog but I can't find it anymore. So where and how is Mieunel now?

    I would like to get in touch with his current caretakers - my friends have a cat in a similar situation (cannot use his back paws) and would like to consult with them. Please leave a reply here or contact me on Facebook. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete